Thursday 7 May 2015

Beauty Review: NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder








Nars is a brand I have never really even considered buying before. I tend to stick with brands I know deliver from personal experience, but after browsing the Beauty Bazaar store in Liverpool I changed my mind. The range of foundation for pale skin is actually quite amazing and after purchasing the sheer glow foundation I was also recommended this product.

Nars Light Reflecting powder is for setting makeup and I was recommended this based on problems I have controlling excess oil on my t-zone. When I first saw it i'll admit I thought great another add on product I will never use. I have spent so much money on pre primer, primer, setting sprays and powders that I just decided to go back to basics. But this product is different, it actually works!

It is a translucent powder but looks white in the box that reflects light and keeps your makeup in place. It is not shiny and only acts as a setting product to be worn on top of your makeup. The first time I used it with my foundation I really noticed the difference at the end of the day. Usually by 9pm my makeup has mostly faded but with this powder it was still looking fresh. Other coloured powders tend to make my face look cakey and highlight my dry areas but so far I have had no problems like that with this.

I swatched the powder above, as you can see when heavily applied it looks white but once blended in it is completely translucent. It also softens the look of fine lines while fading the appearance of large pores. It feels very silky on the skin after application and only needs the odd touch up throughout the day. I use my Real technique brush for blending and it really is effortless.

Because its a pressed powder it does last for a long time, I use this product daily and after months of use I still have a lot left. This is a holy grail product especially for oil prone skin! With the summer months coming up I know how this will make a huge difference for my makeups staying power.

Do you use a setting powder? What do you think about Nars?


Charlotte

Dotted Velvet

2 comments:

  1. I've wanted to try this powder for ages, it sounds great and I love Nars!

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, I would definitely recommend it. I am really impressed by Nars! Can't wait to try more products.

      Delete