Monday 7 July 2014

Birchbox June 2014 - Global Strikers


My Birchbox arrived really late this month! So I had a peak at what other bloggers received in their boxes, I was a little disappointed that I didn't receive a beauty blender but I'm hoping I will get one next month, Fingers crossed. This month's theme was based on the world cup and featured products from all around the globe. I products I scored this month are....


1. Silk + Honey Shea Butter Hair Mask (England)
£55.00 Full DIY set

One of the main reasons I love Birchbox is the discovery of new brands, I have never heard of silk + honey and I do love a good hair mask. This is a deeply nourishing mask and claims to protect and soften the hair while fortifying it's elasticity. I really like this product and it does improve the texture but I don't think I would purchase this in the future, even though it does work I think there are far better masks for a lower price. The smell isn't really for me either I prefer quite a strong scent for hair products and the scent of this mask is too subtle for my taste.


2. Yves Rocher Sheer Botanical Lipstick Coral Doux (France)
Introductory Price £9.00

A coral lipstick for this summer box was a great idea, you can never have too many lipsticks and this is my favourite item in this box. It is a sheer finish with added cherry oil to keep your lips moisturised in the summer. This is more of a daytime lipstick as the finish is very sheer but does provide a nice pop of colour and I would try this brand in the future.


3.Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre (France)
From 12.99 
This is a multi-use product advertises as a nourishing moisturiser, it can be used as a make-up remover, repairing face mask, after shave cream and a baby care product. I used it as a facial moisturiser before my primer and I really liked the light texture of this cream. It is a milky formula and left my skin feeling moisturised without causing excess oil or breakouts. I would recommend this product id you have sensitive or dry skin but for my skin type, I would only really use a product like this in the colder months.


4. Opi Nail Lacquer - The Brazil Collection (Brazil)
£11.95 Full-size
I love Opi Nail Lacquer, the nail varnishes have great coverage and are highly pigmented. One drawback is that this was a small size, which I was a little disappointed with. I wouldn't buy this colour but I will be investing in a few more Opi varnishes.


5. Naobay - Body Radiance Lotion (Spain)
£14.00 Full size
This lotion is very light with a heavy lemon scent, it is a fresh organic product with shea butter, olive and avocado oils. It left my skin soft and the scent is very appropriate for the warmer months in summer. I have gallons of body lotions to get through so I won't be purchasing this but I will look into this brand further to see what else they offer.


6. Birchbox Brazil-Inspired keyring

Not much to report on this item but it was a nice freebie that fitted in with the theme of the box. Overall I am quite happy with this box, after the initial disappointment of not receiving a beauty blender wore off, I did enjoy trialing the various products. I'm looking forward to July's box and I hope it doesn't take as long to arrive as this one did! 

What did you get in your Birchbox? What was your favourite item?



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment