Wednesday 14 May 2014

Wednesday Write-up - Review: Vichy Normaderm Range



I feel like I am forever trying to find a skincare routine that helps control excess oil and spot prone skin, it's really tricky to get the balance right with oil prone skin. I want something to tackle problem areas but also moisturize my dry areas. Especially since the weather is improving, as my skin can get easily dried out using typical spot fighting agents such as tea-tree and witch-hazel.  I discovered Vichy in a previous glossybox, (Vichy Idealia Life Serum) it wasn't a brand I had really come across before. After completing the skin care analysis on the Vichy website , I discovered this Normaderm range.



The Normaderm range is specifically made to tackle six signs of blemish-prone skin. It is suitable for all skin types including sensitive and acne prone skin. It tackles blemishes, pores, shine, oily skin, marks and uneven complexions. It has Vichy thermal spa water, salicylic and glycolic acid as well as being soap-free. After reading about the various products, I wanted to test one item before splurging on the whole range. I wanted to test if it really did work and I was a little septical that it would completely dry my skin out. So I went with the purifying gel as my first purchase.


Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Purifying Gel

I have been using this everyday for the past few weeks and the change in my skin has been incredible. I have found I only need a very small amount of this product to cover my face and neck and it leaves my skin super soft and thoroughly clean. I noticed an improvement within days and wanted to try more products from this range. I couldn't believe I had finally found something that works well on my skin type.


Vichy Normaderm Purifying Pore-Tightening Lotion

After my skin began improving from the gel, I splashed out on a a few more products. My next product was the purifying pore-tightening lotion. The toner/lotion minimised my imperfections and tightened my pores. As with the gel, a little goes a long way making this slightly more affordable.  My skin is usually quite sensitive to toners but so far I've had no problem with this at all. It leaves your skin feeling clean and prepped for the next step without over-drying.


Vichy Normaderm Anti-Shine Anti-Humidity Fresh Hydrating Gel 

The fresh hydrating gel is amazing, after toning I use this to take away any shine before I apply my makeup. It left my skin moisturised and completely matte all day, even my tea zone! It also helped to keep my makeup in place throughout the day, even when it was really hot. I really like the feel of this gel, it is so light and refreshing, unlike heavy acne moisturisers.


Vichy Normaderm Night Chrono-Active Anti-Imperfection Care

The night moisturiser is much thicker than the hydrating gel but does a great job at combating redness and excess oil throughout the night. After using this for a few weeks, I have woken up each morning with a more balanced complexion and I have found it really hydrates my skin without causing excess shine.



Global anti-imperfection hydrating care

As with the hydrating gel this product is really amazing at mattifying your skin and I switch daily between the gel and this product. I would say the gel has an advantage as it feels lighter and fresher 
on my skin but this product fights spots and redness also. Both products have their pros, so I can't really decide which one is better for daily use. 

I would say that I have found whilst using this product that if you use too much of it, the cream rolls up into little white balls so it becomes a bit of a nightmare to put makeup over this. So I would personally prefer the gel because of this reason, especially if you are in a rush .

Overall, I have found this range does exactly as advertised; it fights oil/spots and helped improve my complexion and redness. The main thing I love about the range is that it doesn't leave your skin feeling dry as most acne ranges do. It doesn't make your skin feel stripped , tight or uncomfortable but instead leaves it feeling moisturised whilst providing a matte cover.  I would recommend this range if you suffer with  imperfections or oily skin, there are also other products from Normaderm range that I haven't tried out yet. 

One tiny con I would mention is that although this stuff is working amazingly on my skin the scent of the products is not the best. It isn't a overpowering strong smell but it just isn't what I would expect from a skincare range. With this being said though it is a tiny con and it wouldn't put me off buying this range again.

 Has anyone else tried this range? What did you think about it?



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment